Saturday, October 4, 2014

Kid Hercules Comes Alive!


Click for larger view!

During the course of my 365 challenge, I often found myself pressed both for new ideas and time. I used Pinerest a lot as a way to collect interesting references, and that was a huge help. (You can read more about the whole process here.) But at one point I got the idea from a friend of mine to do a walk cycle, and then animate it later. The bottom gif shows the untouched scans from my sketchbook. As you can see, I wasn't able to properly align my "frames" since I drew them in a Moleskine. Even after cleaning things up a bit in Photoshop, Kid Hercules is still a little too jittery, but it was super fun to do and I'm oddly proud to see my character come to life after working on him for such a long time.


Click for larger view!


Feel free to drop by the official Kid Hercules website for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment